Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rising from the Blacked Out Ashes, A Giant Drunken Flaming Bird Appears


Well, in case there were any doubts on the matter, laziness is not very conducive to maintaining a successful blog. In my hectic lifestyle of drinking beer and passing out in alleyways, I put aside the thing that mattered most to me, the blog I had posted to eight times. But no longer shall potential posts be locked away in the dark recesses of my mostly non-functioning brain, for Blacked Out Golfers will rise again from the ashes, so my incoherent ramblings can be posted online for a handful of my friends to perhaps read in their spare time.

This revival is mainly fueled by the fact that the Blacked Out Golfers are taking a special field trip in the beginning of March for three days of golfing in Myrtle Beach. Quite simply, this will be an amazing trip, as long as I am not tricked by any hookers into giving them my ATM card. This, of course, has never happened to me before.

So in partial preparation for our trip, I will begin updating the blog again with golf-related tidbits from the past months. Since I last posted, the Blacked Out Golfers have not played a round together, but individually we squeezed in a few rounds here and there, with unsurprisingly boring results. I myself have done quite a bit of shopping a few months ago, buying a new set of fitted irons, plus a new driver, fairway wood, and rescue club, so I am quite eager to finally get some use out of them. Also, finally, at the request of fellow Blacked Out Golfer, berg, I purchased a new cart bag to replace the bag I had been using which was infected with leprosy and spider eggs.

So in the weeks leading up to the epic Myrtle trip, I'll try and catch up with this blog by doing some reviews of the clubs I purchased and the stores that I visited. Before the end of the month, the group is planning on playing a warm-up round to get in golfing shape, so I'm sure a recap of that will make it's way to the site. I'm going to try and post some off-topic rants as well, since all blogs NEED MORE OPINIONS AND YELLING! Yup, big things are in store for YOU, the loyal reader, at least until I get bored with it in another three weeks.

No comments: